Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 5 - Playa Negra

I woke up at about 6:30am to some really hard rain. It was so loud I couldn’t go back to sleep (although my wife can sleep through just about anything). I got up and made coffee and went out to the back porch to check emails and upload my pictures from my camera.

Finally at about 10am it stopped raining so we walked over to Cafe Rico where I had a HUGE fruit salad and coffee. Conspiracy man was there but he didn't try to engage me in any of his theories. I didn't notice it before but there is a sign out front that advertises "conspiracy consultations" so it's no wonder that Cafe Rico attracts some unusual characters

Cafe Rico

Cafe Rico


We then took a walk up to Banana Azul to see Colon and Roberto's new addition to their hotel which was just beginning construction on our last visit. Colon showed us the new rooms which are very nice. We talked for a while but then Colon needed to attend a staff meeting so we decided to take a dip in the ocean at playa negra just behind the property. The waves were coming in fast and furious and after I got pounded into the sand a few times too many we decided that swimming wasn't such a good idea. We walked back into town along the beach and had some super delicious sandwiches followed by pieces of chocolate at Bread and Chocolate (we will go back there for sure). We then walked back to our house to shower and a short nap.

We woke up at about 7pm and walked back into town hoping to get some drinks at El Dorado but seeing that it was pretty crowded we looked for another place to get drinks but everywhere was pretty packed (I guess Friday nights are pretty busy) so we decided to walk back and check out the bar at Rockin' J's. On the way back some crazy guy tried to tell us that he was Joe Montana’s son along with some other crazy things.

Rockin' J's

Rockin' J's was fun place with a toga party going on in a another part of the property although it's defiantly not the place to stay if you want to do any relaxing. We were getting hungry so we decided to go back to De Paso for dinner. The wife had tacos and I had the Caribbean chicken with rice which was really good but the piece of chicken had a lot of bone in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment